Teaching & Learning
Physical Education at Cardinal Newman School offers a range of activities and experiences to enable students to gain understanding and competence in physical activities.
The curriculum is designed to foster enjoyment, mental and physical challenge and development of self-confidence. We aim to improve awareness of healthy lifestyles and inspire students to pursue physical activities after school and in later life.
The aims of the PE Department support and relate to, the whole school aims.
- To give young people the skills to develop into healthy and active young people
- To provide a broad curriculum for all
- To provide competitive activities with groups and individuals at local, county and national level
- To develop good sportsmanship
- To develop understanding of the importance of regular exercise for a healthy lifestyle
- To develop an understanding of own and others strengths and limitations
Exam Specifications can be found below: