At Cardinal Newman we capture the way that we interact with each other and develop as young men and women by living out the 'Newman Way'.
The Newman Way is based around our school mission statement of 'Together towards our Lord, through learning, love and faith.'
We celebrate and develop our character as a Catholic community by linking our mission statement to the nine fruits of the Holy Spirit as outlined in Galatians.
"the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control."
We attribute each of the fruits to part of our mission statement and have each of these as a focus for each of the three terms.
|Joy / Patience / Self-Control||Love / Peace / Kindness||Generosity / Faithfulness / Gentleness|
This all links to our journey through school and how we develop as young people and our character.
Our Newman Way
- We speak kindly and respectfully to everyone
- There’s no joy in stereotyping people
- We discuss things fairly and patiently
- We always allow others to learn as it is the most loving thing to do in school
- We always encourage generosity towards other people
- We always report abusive language and encourage self-control
- We are honestly sorry for mistakes and remain faithful to our call as God’s children.
- We do not judge others harshly but treat them with gentleness
- We always promote peace during interactions and so, unkindness is not acceptable.