Teaching & Learning
The aims of the Year 9 Careers Programme
- Career Planning-How do I choose a career that’s right for me?
- Options choices – Pupils have been introduced to new optional subjects, they have been working on developing the core skills and knowledge required to be successful in their GCSE’s. Pupils have been given the opportunity to experience their optional subjects and help them decide if they would like to continue with them moving forward. Staff have been assessing/monitoring pupils' knowledge and skills in the subject and determining the most suitable pathway for them.
- Students follow up on STEM activities – Women in engineering (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths)
- During National Careers Week students engage in careers learning through subjects in the wider curriculum
- Students explore pathways by using the subject & careers Library Uni -Frog online tool.
- Connect – London Luton airport- programme designed to help students with the smooth transition from education to the work place